A rare opportunity to purchase an impressive beautiful presented one bedroom first floor apartment in the Grade II Mansion House.
The Cedars, Chorleywood WD3
- Under Offer
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room with period features
- Principle Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room and Period Features
- Excellent Retirement Facilities
- Newly Decorated
- Views over the Croquet Lawns and Grounds
- Well-Maintained Communal Grounds
- Other charges apply, please ask for further details
- EPC: B
Wyatts House, Rickmansworth Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 5SE
A rare opportunity to purchase a beautifully presented one bedroom first floor apartment, retaining period features, in the Grade II Mansion House. Newly decorated with a modern fitted kitchen and built-in appliances, lounge with high ceilings, large sash windows and feature fireplace, bathroom, double bedroom and en-suite shower room. Splendid views over the croquet lawn and grounds of Cedars Village.
Cedars Village, set in 22 acres, is built around the exclusive Grade II listed mansion house which is the focal point of the community, providing facilities which include Victorian conservatory, restaurant, bar, library, snooker room, hobbies room, laundry, convenience store and croquet/putting lawn.
Lease and Other Information
Type of Property: Retirement
Lease: 125 year lease from 1st Oct 2003 (107 years remaining)
Ground Rent: Currently £250 per annum.
Service Charge: £6,868 pa (Oct 2022 to Sep 2023)
Double Occupancy: £300 pa
Council Tax Band: Three Rivers District Council – Band D – £2,011.91 pa (2022 – 2023)
Owners of a Retirement Villages Lease are required to pay an assignment fee on re-sale of the property which is 5% (1st year), 10% (2nd year) or 12.5% (after year 2) of the sales price when re-sold. Please ask the Village Manager for more details and a copy of the financial implications.
For full information on the service charge please contact the Village Manager. The service includes:
- Full on-site professional estate management.
- Upkeep and maintenance to the exterior of buildings and grounds.
- Building insurance.
- Membership of the Country Club, which is exclusively for residents and their guests.
- Provision of a maintenance reserve fund.
- Heating, lighting and energy costs of communal area.
- External window cleaning/decorating
- One hour’s domestic cleaning per week.
- Weekly collection and laundering of bed linen.
- Use of Cedars Village launderette.
- Emergency call & monitoring system.
- Visiting GP’s surgery in Cedars Village’s own medical centre.
Additional care packages can be tailor made on request. Charges apply.
Communal entrance with security code access.
Garages are available to rent only, please ask for details.
All properties are pre-installed for Virgin Media – Clients to organise their own media packages.
You must be 60 years or over to become a purchaser at Cedars Village. Purchase of a Retirement Villages property is subject to an introductory acceptance interview with the Village Manager.
Updated – 31-10-2022