A rare opportunity to purchase an impressive one bedroom first floor apartment in the Mansion House.
The Cedars, Chorleywood WD3
- For Sale
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room
- Master Bedroom
- En Suite Shower Room
- Excellent Facilities
- Well Maintained Communal Gardens
- EPC - C
Wyatts House, Rickmansworth Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 5SE
Situated in the Grade II Listed Mansion House this one bedroom apartment has splendid views over the walking meadow in the centre of the village. Living room with two sash windows and high ceilings, fitted kitchen, bathroom, double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and an en-suite shower room. Lift access and convenient position close to the excellent facilities.
Cedars Village, set in 22 acres, is built around the exclusive Grade II listed mansion house which is the focal point of the community, providing facilities which include Victorian conservatory, restaurant, bar, library, snooker room, hobbies room, laundry, convenience store and croquet/putting lawn.
Lease and Other Information
Type of Property: Retirement
Lease: 125 Years from 1st Oct 2003
Ground Rent: £175 pa
Service Charge: £6,868 pa (Oct 2022 to Sept 2023) for single occupancy
Double Occupancy: £300 pa
Council Tax Band: D – £2,011.91 pa (2022-2023)
Owners of a Retirement Villages Lease are required to pay an assignment fee on re-sale of the property which is 5% (1st year), 10% (2nd year) or 12.5% (after year 2) of the sales price when the property is re-sold. Please ask the Village Manager for more details and a copy of the financial implications.
For full information on the service charge please contact the Village Manager. The service includes:
- Full on-site professional estate management.
- Upkeep and maintenance to the exterior of buildings and grounds.
- Building insurance.
- Membership of the Country Club, which is exclusively for residents and their guests.
- Provision of a maintenance reserve fund.
- Heating, lighting and energy costs of communal area.
- External window cleaning/decorating
- One hour’s domestic cleaning per week.
- Weekly collection and laundering of bed linen.
- Use of Cedars Village launderette.
- Emergency call & monitoring system.
- Visiting GP’s surgery in Cedars Village’s own medical centre.
Additional care packages can be tailor made on request. Charges apply.
Communal entrance with security code access.
Garages are available to rent or buy, please ask for details.
All properties are pre-installed for Virgin Media – Clients to organise their own media packages.
You must be 60 years or over to become a purchaser at Cedars Village. Purchase of a Retirement Villages property is subject to an introductory acceptance interview with the Village Manager.
Updated – 31-10-2022